Eastern Ontario NDP Council – Building our Future
New Democrats from across Eastern Ontario are gathering to provide input to the Federal Post-Election Review, learn about the Ontario NDP’s (ONDP) preparations for the election expected in April 2018, and exchange ideas about how to strengthen our presence in Eastern Ontario.
- When: 27 February from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Where: Cornwall & District Navy Veterans Association, 30 Sixth Street East, Cornwall.
- Fee: $20 in cash at the door to cover lunch, coffee and tea. Any profits will go to the Stormont-Dundas-South Glengarry NDP riding
- Who: Any member in good standing with the NDP in eastern Ontario
Several Ottawa ridings will be renting vans or arranging carpools to Cornwall. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a ride.
- Paul Dewar (former MP Ottawa Centre)
- Karla Webber-Gallagher, the new Provincial Secretary
- Michael Balagus, Chief of Staff to Ontario NDP Leader Andrea Horwath (who is leading the planning for the 2018 provincial election)
- Registration (9:30 to 10 am)
- Federal election debrief (10 am to noon)
- Lunch on site (Noon to 1 pm)
- Eastern Council Executive elections (1 to 1:30 pm)
- Briefing on Ontario NDP plans – election prep, riding redistribution, party and riding finances (1:30 to 3 pm)
- Breakout groups on capacity building. These could deal with issues such as membership development, candidate search, strengthening connections with labour and other groups, policy development, training, and fundraising. We can decide on the structure later, but we might have two rounds with groups structured by topic, then reporting back (3 to 5 pm)